Donations from the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway go to families like those of Hudson Pace, who lost his life to cancer after a two-year struggle. To fight cancer this year, $900,000 was raised.
On February 10, 2021, Hudson Pace, then 14 years old, received a cancer diagnosis.
He stayed in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for a considerable amount of time before going back to Ballard County, where he succumbed shortly after.
According to Heather, "We've always believed Hudson would win anyway, and he did because if he had been worldly cured similarly to the other two issues that he had, something else would have happened, and this way he's healed permanently.
She claimed that Hudson, like the other children at St. Jude, is a warrior.
They don't realize they can't do something when they're riding their small scooters or bikes down the hall, Heather remarked.
Corey considers the families whose bills have not been paid.
To be completely honest, Corey added, "I don't know how they handle- handle it all, because when you're in that hospital and your kid is dying, really that's about the only thing in the world that matters."
Children throughout the world can concentrate on getting healthy, according to Dillon Miles of St. Jude.
All of the work we do here for St. Jude and the Paducah community, according to Miles, "helps — we're helping thousands of kids all over the world every single year. We freely share all of our research, all of our treatments."
The family is grateful to have folks who provide presents to help them and others.
In any case, Heather added, "I'm just grateful that people are donating, and we pray that people continue to do that, whether it's a lemonade stand, a race, or building a home."
The cure rate at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is 94%. Donations, according to Heather Pace, will aid St. Jude in finding a treatment for the remaining 6%.
Get inspired by these stories and start your own cool deeds. Let’s fill every neighborhood with good and cool activities. Start your first GroupUp activity or event, invite others, register participants & share your cool deeds so others can follow. Use CoolDeeds.com absolutely free tools to start your initiative. All for FREE, click here to start now.
Get inspiration and pick a date and create an "Event / Group Up" at www.cooldeeds.com. It is absolutely FREE. There are so many ideas on www.CoolDeeds.com, let's take one and go with it or come up with your own ideas and start something good and cool in your neighborhood. Click here to get started.
Share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to announce. Send an invite to your friends, neighbors and family to join the "Event / Group Up".
Perform the event, take images, videos, and share on www.CoolDeeds.com to inspire the world so others can do the same in their community and neighborhood.
You did it.......Even if you did this alone, you should be proud of yourself as we surely are. Let's start creating an "Event / Group Up" today. Please note CoolDeeds.com is absolutely FREE for all the above activities. Our only purpose is to spread good and cool activities everywhere.